We Are Pleased You Are Registered With This Practice
We are committed to giving you the best possible patient care. This will be achieved by working together.
As a patient using general medical services of the National Health Service you are entitled:
- to be registered with a family doctor
- to change your doctor
- to be offered a health check:
- when joining a doctor's list for the first time
- if you are between 16 and 74 and you have not seen your doctor in the previous three years.
- to receive emergency care at any time through a family doctor
- to have appropriate drugs and medicines prescribed
- to be referred to a consultant acceptable to you when your family doctor thinks it necessary, and to be referred for a second opinion if you and your family doctor agree this is desirable
- to have access to your health records, subject to any limitations in law
- to know that those working for the NHS are under a legal duty to keep the contents of your health records confidential
- to choose whether or not to take part in medical research or medical student training
- to be given detailed information about local family doctor services through the Somerset Health Authority's local directory
- to receive a copy of the doctors' practice booklet, setting out the services they provide
- to receive a full and prompt reply to any comment or criticism you make about NHS services
Help Us To Help You:
- Please try and attend the surgery whenever possible. Home visits take up more of the doctor's time and should only be requested if you are not well enough to get to the surgery.
- Please request home visits before 10.00am.
- Please remember an appointment is for one person only
- Please keep your appointment and give as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend
- Please inform us of any change in your address or circumstances, and make sure we have your telephone number
- Please understand that our staff are working under extreme pressure.
We welcome your views on the services we provide. If you have any queries, comments, constructive suggestions or criticisms, we have a practice-based procedure to deal with these, so please do not hesitate to speak to a member of the team.